Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OK..remember it isn't the end

I'm trying to not be depressed over the election. I am still in a state of shock though. This country has and will survive worse things than Obama being elected President. I will still pray for the leaders of this nation, those that are in harms way protecting our freedoms and helping the Lord's other children have the freedom to chose their leaders. Let us all remember how we felt this morning when it is time to vote in four years. To those who did not vote I say " Don't whine to me, I voted for McCain/Palin." God Bless America

2 comments:

Our son Kade said...

we were talking about this last night, when the election was called before the votes from our state were even counted, and it was kind of hard to feel like we'd been "counted" in the election, and Justin said basically "the only reason I voted was so that I have the right to B*&$% for the next four years." :) Guess we just have to live our lives and hope for the best!

Anonymous said...

we were also talking last night, and I was thinking that the only reason that obama got in (and I know this sounds rude) but it was entirely based on the color of his skin. We as a nation are so scared of looking prejudice that in turn we are being prejudice to the normal white male. But a black guy with no background is perfectly ok as president.
It is just we as a nation are so worried about hurting others feelings like those who don't believe in god that we are willing to take christmas out of tv, and songs. like it's a wonderful life isn't being played on local tv since it is offensive that george bailey is saved by god. or the fact that our children are now required to learn spanish cause the mexicans feelings might get hurt if we force them to learn english. Let's just bend over and take it in the rear! We need to stand up for ourselves once and a while instead of shooting ourselves in the foot!