Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Why is it weddings and funerals
I'm here in Logan,UT to bury my youngest brother, and wondering why it sometimes takes a wedding or a funeral to bring family members together? Yesterday was a very long hard day of waiting. Ryan is an organ donor and even though we all knew he was gone no one wanted to say goodbye, it was a long wait while receipiants were flown in. If you are an organ donor please, tell your family members. The doctors were able to place both lungs, both kidneys, his liver and pancreas. I know there are several families who are very grateful that Ryan made that choice, and I'm comforted that this may save someone the pain and sorrow of the lose of a loved one. For that Ryan Leishman, a 20 year-old is my hero. I've learned two things this week organ donation is a hard thing, but good and seatbelts save lives. CLICK it everytime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Our thoughts are with you and your family today, having just returned from Colorado after loosing my sister, I can relate with what you are feeling and going through. I will see you when you return.
Sorry to hear. Hope all goes well.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Love you and hope to see you soon! It is terribly sad when something that horrid is what brings families together. But they are the ones that are always there for you (even your alaskan family)
Sorry to hear about your loss. He was so young. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Call me if you ever need to talk.
Post a Comment